Guess What? June 2013
Holier than thou!
By Bob Cahn – “The Primitive Man”
Nothing personal, but we’re making an inanimate allusion to this month’s “Guess What.”
Sporting three openings of slightly subtle (not apparent to the printed eye) different sizes, what could possibly be accomplished with such minute variances — and unknown handpower?
That’s your assignment: guessing the functionality of this cast iron 8″ long piece of puzzlement from among the following.
1) Bowling ball inspector’s hole sizer
2) Cherry tomato packer’s grade quality measure
3) Bartender’s rowdy customer iron knuckles pacifier
4) Golf ball inspector’s roundness tester
5) Boiling water hard-boiled egg lifter
6) Bottling plant bottle cap inspector’s tension tool
7) Radish farmer’s sizer for carton packing
8) Chef’s pasta portioner
9) Plumber’s pipe sizer
10) Marble tournament maximum shooter size entry checker
11) Olive grower’s bottle fitting measure
12) Halloween mask manufacturer’s eyehole and nose pattern.
Time’s up. Answer next month. ’Till then!*
*Gizmo contributed by Mike Goodman, “King of Stuff,” Townshend, VT.
Answer to May’s Guess What
When visiting Thailand and you want to accompany native dancers — this rhythmic “clacker” (like maracas) will do the trick.
By bending and flexing with your hands at each end, one is able to have the flat hard wood slats resonate against each other — creating sharp, crisp echoing sounds.
Visually appealing when not in use, with its carved lizard head and tail.*