Guess What? February 2013
By Bob Cahn – “The Primitive Man”
Up for grabs — right or left hand?
When was the last time you looked at something strange, scratched your head, got splinters, and found your curiosity juices flowing?
How about now! We’ve got a hand-held 6″ long double pronged serrated piece of iron.
We admittedly do not have documented verification of its function — but are 90% sure that our guesswork, along with your participation, can nail down the remaining 10%.
Here are our suggestions — with the arrogant answer next month.
1) Meat ball shaper
2) Coconut shell reamer
3) Garden bulb planting hole digger
4) Cantaloupe seed center cleaner/melon baller
5) Woodworker’s/carver pine knot remover
6) Upholsterer’s chair bottom burlap stretcher
7) Picture framer’s back of painting matte finishing tool
8) Carpetlayer’s tack remover
9) Pillow stuffer’s kapok pondder
10) Blacksmith’s/farrier’s horseshoe preparation cleaner
11) Candlemaker’s dripping wax mold cleaner
12) Taxidermist’s carcass scraper.
The list is ended, your turn to start the guessing clock. Our guess next month.
*Mike Goodman, King of Stuff, contributes another stumper from Townshend, VT.
Answer to January’s Guess What
In today’s tight airport security atmosphere, last month’s GUESS WHAT would surely be confiscated as a terrorist threat, but as a traveler’s compact safety razor, it was quite harmless. Easily pocket-portable, it simplified the grooming process.*
*Warm thanx to Brenda of George’s Antiques, Fullerton, CA, exhibiting at Mike Grimes’ Del Mar Antique Fair.
Visit our website journalofantiques.com to view past “Guess What” columns.